Working with your web designer, you’ve invested a fair about of time and money into your business website. You’ve been sure to incorporate content using SEO, Call-to-Action buttons, a blog and of course, images representing your brand and products.
It’s not enough.
You need to know and understand if your website is working for you. Are you reaching potential customers? What information on your site are they reading? Do the links from your social media platforms generate traffic on your site? The answers to these questions can be found with Google Analytics.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free service offered by Google, creating detailed stats and reports about website traffic and its sources.
When added to a web page, a Google Analytics Tracking Code collects visitor information which is converted into data you track, monitor and interpret.
Data becomes beneficial when you use it as a comparison tool. You can establish benchmarks, comparing results and identifying problems and where improvements can be made.
Things Google reports can tell you:
- Where your visitors are are coming from — important to determine if you are reaching the audience you are targeting.
- What keywords are used to find your site — this is critical in understanding what words and phrases you need to incorporate into your SEO.
- How did visitors find you — did visitors find your site directly or via another site or link?
- Which pages are most popular and why — is one service or product more attractive to customers or is the website design highlighting one over others?
- How long visitors are on your site and individual pages.
Some of the most useful information Google Analytics can give you is the Site Search report. Simply put, this report tells you what people are entering into the search function box on your site.
This report quickly identifies a number of things:
- What people aren’t finding in the site’s navigation menu
- What service/products they want from your business
- Keywords you may not have considered
When you understand what is or isn’t working on your website, you can make targeted improvements to reach your marketing and business goals.
Need to get started or interpret what your Google Analytics reports mean? Sudymo Web Services has the knowledge and understanding to effectively assess your site’s performance.